Nubia Red Magic 5S with 144Hz display and active cooling fan is now available
The Nubia Red Magic 5S is finally shipping to everyone at $579.00 / €579.00. Comes with a sexy RGB light panel (on the back), pressure-sensitive zones (300Hz touch-sensing), and a built-in cooling fan for maximum performance. The Red Magic 5S by Nubia is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 865 CPU.
The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass and the size is 6.65 inches. That is an AMOLED capacitive touchscreen that gives a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels with an insane refresh rate of 144Hz, making it the phone with the fastest screen in the world! Under the display, we find also the fingerprint sensor.
The Red Magic 5S is a big boy as expected. The dimensions of the gaming smartphone are 168.6 mm x 78 mm x 9.8 mm and the weight is 218 grams. Having a big body has also its benefits. In fact, the device comes with a Li-Po 4500 mAh battery and fast charging 55W that can boost the device to 56% in just 15 min and a full charge at 100% in only 40 min. This charger though is optional since the included is a 18W charger.
The gaming smartphone does not support any external memory support as the inbuilt support comes in 8 GB, 12 GB and even 16 GB LPDDR5 RAM partnered with 128 GB or 256 GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage options. So you get the best performance possible with super fast speed.
The device is powered by the latest Android 10 and Redmagic 3.0. And with the Game Space 2.1, you can take full control of the performance. You can boost CPU, GPU performance, all maxed out, or leave it in the auto setting.
The 5S comes with a triple-camera setup on the rear. We find a SONY 64 MP (wide), an 8 MP (ultrawide), and a 2 MP (macro). On the front, there is an 8 MP (wide) camera for the beloved selfies.
It is available in two colors such as Sonic Silver and Pulse (Blue and Red). Both look great!
Nubia Red Magic 5S Full Specs
- Body: 168.6×78.0x9.8mm, 218g; Glass front and back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame.
- Display: 6.65″ AMOLED capacitive, 1080x2340px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 388ppi; 144Hz refresh rate; 240Hz touch-sensing rate.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585); Adreno 650 GPU.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 16GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 10, Redmagic 3.0.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide-angle: 8 MP, f/2.0, 13mm, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP; LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1.12µm; HDR.
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps; Front camera: [email protected].
- Battery: 4,500mAh; Fast charging 55W, 56% in 15 min, 100% in 40 min; comes with 18W charger outside of China.
- Misc: WiFi 6, Fingerprint sensor (under display, optical), Pressure-sensitive shoulder triggers (300Hz touch-sensing), Built-in cooling fan, NFC.
And as always with the Red Magic gaming phones, you can select from a vast list of optional accessoires that can enhance your gaming experience even more.
Where to buy
You can get the Nubia Red Magic 5S in your country from the Red Magic Official Store for $579.00 / €579.00 and free shipping included. Also, a 15-day return is in place as well as reliable warranty by Nubia.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!