Great news for all KODI users, while we are approaching to the final version of the latest version of KODI 17, a new Release Candidate has been pushed out for the public. It’s version RC4 and this time has even more bugfixes among which the plugin listing cache which caused reduced browsing speed and the support for the Android 7 version “Nougat” for some devices that wouldn’t even run KODI.
Also some bugs fixed in the two default skins for KODI 17 Krypton, Estouchy and Estuary which quite honestly have been like a nightmare for the new version with a lot of bugs since the original first RC release. However, the latest RC gives serious hopes for the final version since most of the big issues have been resolved and hopefully we are really close this time!
⇒ HOLIDAY SALE – Save 46% on IPVanish VPN and get:
- 10 simultaneous connections on multiple devices
- 24/7 customer support
- Native apps for Android TV, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and more OS
- Access all Kodi add-ons with Ipvanish / Access Kodi anonymously
- Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
- Prevent ISP Throttling
- User-friendly apps for all of your devices
- Zero traffic logs
- 7-day money-back guarantee so you have nothing to lose
- The ability to be configured right at your router, for a hassle-free experience.
According to KODI.tv:
This is the fourth Release Candidate for our upcoming v17.0 “Krypton” which contains our continuous effort to further improve v17.0 before we make it final. Our team will certainly try to tackle as much of the reported problems as possible with the limited resources we have. We do want to note that since we are just a small team some of the reported bugs might not get fixed due to lack of developers or time. As such we would certainly welcome any developer who has the ability to help us out to try and fix the bugs he or she encounters and submit it to our code base for review. We sure would like to thank every one involved with either development, testing or simply helping out others with answering their questions.
Fixes done in this release candidate:
• Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements
• Fix Kodi not starting on some phones running Android 7
• Revert changes that disabled plugin listing cache that which caused reduced browsing speed
• Fix the cause of favourites not refreshing
• Fix add-ons not being added to favourites if done through add-on manager
• Update our default webinterface Chorus2 with several fixes and features
• Fix possible deadlock when installing/uninstalling PVR add-ons
• Fix possible failed add-on installs on Windows with a retry
• Fix changing song ratings
• Make sure to stop playback before uninstalling a PVR add-on
• Try to handle graphics failures due to bad graphics driver on Windows
• Fix long timeout for certain audio streams
More about KODI and the latest RC version on the Team KODI Official Website: https://kodi.tv/