HBO Max: Same Price But More Content
If you need the simple answer, that’s it. The main difference between HBO Go / Now and HBO Max is that although they cost the same price, HBO Max has more content! The new service, HBO Max went live on May 27. It now includes the legacy HBO content but also more content from the larger Warner Media world. What is strange is that both services will co-exist and to make things more complicated they are priced the same. HBO and HBO Max cost both $14.99 a month. But as mentioned above, HBO Max includes movies and tv shows from TBS, Cartoon Network, TNT, TruTV, CNN, Adult Swim, and even selected shows from Turner Classic Movies.
HBO Max Supported Devices
You can watch HBO Max on the following devices:
- PC Windows 7 or newer
- Android TV
- Android phones and tablets with Android 5 or newer
- iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with iOS 12.2 or newer
- Mac with macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer
- Google Chromebooks
- Any web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari)
- Samsung TVs (selected models only)
- Apple TV 4 / 4K or newer
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
What To Expect on HBO Max
As we mentioned above, HBO Max features everything from HBO Go / HBO Now and more. As Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos, HBO Max will have new movies every month. It also will feature HBO Originals like Westworld and Insecure. Some of the newest addition currently in May 2020 are: Legendary, Love Life, On The Record, Craftopia, Looney Tunes Cartoons and The Now Too Late Show With Elmo.
More To Come In 2020
HBO Max has also confirmed the following upcoming originals too:
- The Flight Attendant, starring Kaley Cuoco
- The Friends unscripted cast reunion
- A new season of Search Party
- Expecting Amy, with Amy Schumer
- Raised by Wolves, Sci-Fi series from director Ridley Scott
- Close Enough, comedy series
- Adventure Time: Distant Lands, the first out of four Adventure Time specials.
To find out more on HBO Max, visit the platforms official website here: www.hbomax.com/.