Author Topic: Game Controller?  (Read 304 times)

Offline dmedd2

• View Profile
Game Controller?
« on: June 08, 2017, 07:12:50 AM »
Would someone be able to answer a simple off topic question for me? And hopefully, answer me at your earliest convenience? I have been trying to play games on my android boxes. I can download and load the game, but when I go to play the game my Rii I8 remote will not work for games such as asphalt 8 and real racing 3. And I believe one game said I have to run off a wifi connection or set up a wifi connection to play. So I am wondering if a gamepad Bluetooth controller like the Terios S3 gamepad is needed in order to play these games? And do either of these games require you to play over wifi connection or can they be run on my Ethernet? My boxes are wired right to my router so I don't run wifi.

Thanks Community

Dimitrology Forum

Game Controller?
« on: June 08, 2017, 07:12:50 AM »

Offline dimitrology

• Tech Enthusiast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dimitrology
Re: Game Controller?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 05:41:13 PM »
The i8 is a remote, not a gamepad / game controller. The S3 is the entry for such device and works quite good for the money! The type of connection is irrelevant, maybe it was searching for a wireless gamepad. But pay attention, not all the games support gamepad. Do a little search to find out which one does. In auto most android boxes are recognized as tablets. The Android TV OS boxes (Shield, Mi Box) on the other hand only play Android TV OS games.